Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Food for thought - 50 photo projects



Is food just fuel to you, or culinary art? I guess I fall somewhere in the middle in that I like a god feast. However; when food is prepared with passion and skill it also deserves to be appreciated for it's creative beauty as well as it's amazing flavours. And what better way to do that than with a camera?
This assignment was to photograph food. In the above picture, from September 25th, the subject is a live crab (Yup, he's alive) I picked up from a local Asian market just moments before steaming. I wanted to capture details in the shell and the sad look of desperation in his eyes. From September 28th below is the cooked nabe (A Japanese stew) prepared days later using the same crab, muscles, noodles and vegetables. I tried to capture the steam to show that it is very hot but had a hard time picking up the steam without the focus being altered.

No comments:

Post a Comment